For details of Availability/Booking click here
The Clocktower Apartment is the centre-piece of restored 19th century coach houses that once served Kinfauns Castle. The present Coach Houses and Castle were designed by Robert Smike in 1822, and in 1826 by Lord Gray. Registered as a B listed building, the character of the exterior remains, while the interior offers the high standards and modern facilities expected of a holiday home.
The Coach Houses are designed around a courtyard, the main entrance being through the arch of the Clocktower, on either side of which was once accommodation for footmen and staff who worked in the Castle. This is an imaginative conversion, with an open plan lounge with feature arch window on the upper floor that has views towards the cliff-top Victoria Folly. Visitors to the Clocktower at Tower View can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the River Tay valley.
Within easy walking distance are the cri-sscross pathways of Corsiehill, Deuchy Woods and the famous Kinnoull Hill, which was donated to the people of Perth in 1924 by Lord Dewar, of Dewar's whisky fame. The area is perfect for walking and family picnics, and your dogs are welcome.
This exceptional accommodation has been carefully thought out using the features of the historic building to greatest advantage, and the whole provides a peaceful and tranquil setting, perfect for a holiday or weekend away.